This year we celebrate our 55th Katherine Show & Rodeo. The Show & Rodeo is one of the biggest community events of the year, with lots to do for all ages. The Show begins with Equestrian Events, from Tuesday 14th July before the two main Show days on Friday the 17th and Saturday the 18th July 2020.
This year the Show will have fun-filled activities for all, such as campdraft, rodeo, showcasing the communities 3000+ masterpieces, competitions and challenges including dog jumping, lawn mower races and wheelie bin races, show rides and amusements, free entertainment.
The Katherine and District Show Society employ one permanent full-time member of staff and various casual staff members a few weeks before and during the Show. The committee have 13 positions available 11 of which are occupied by local Katherine residents who are passionate about the Show & Rodeo. They meet every third Monday of each month. The Show & Rodeo rely heavily on the support of volunteers to pull off such a massive event.
What do the Community get from the Show and how does it impact on their wellbeing?
· The community coming together to form & express a sense of communal identity.
· Families having fun & increasing their family happiness & wellbeing.
· Children & young people gaining life skills & confidence, & feeling part of the community.
· Volunteers helping their community.
· Competitors having an opportunity to showcase their many talents & livestock.
· A show that is of the community, for the community and most importantly by the community.