KDSS Barrel Challenge
The annual barrel challenge between horse and motorbike – who will win muscle or machine?
Where: Main Arena. When: Saturday at 5:00pm. Nominations: On the day at 9:00am at the Show Office – 18yrs or over. Nomination Fee (no nomination without payment): $20.00 per run. Prize Money: Jackpots - Fastest Horse & Fastest Bike.
TROPHY FOR FASTEST TIME OVERALL SPONSORED BY R & M MOTORCYCLES.
Only the First 12 Horses & 12 Bikes Nominated Will Be Accepted, So Get In Quick. Only one run per rider unless places are not filled.
- All competitors must wear approved safety helmets.
- All competitors must wear closed-in shoes, long pants, shirts with shoulders. Bike riders must wear gloves.
- Competitors may have a running start.
- Bikes and horses will run concurrently.
- Competitors must do a left handed course. Pattern must be a clover leaf, with the rider crossing their own paths (see below).
- Time the competitor as the horse’s shoulders/bike’s front wheel passes through the pegs.
- Only one go per rider, no practice runs.
- Knock down of a barrel incurs a 5 second penalty.
- Holding/touching the barrel incurs a 5 second penalty.
- If the rider does not ride the correct pattern, does not start and finish between the pegs or does not do a left hand course - ELIMINATION.
- JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL.