Dog Jumping & Dog Novelties
Class Schedule - Click here to download a copy of the full 2019 schedule.
Please note that the following classes/events have been moved to Saturday 20th of July 2019, see times and details below.
THE DOG JUMPING CHAMPIONSHIPS! Saturday 20th July at 3:00pm in the LJ Hooker Arena.
Steward: Kym Henderson
Ribbons and cash prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd in each category.
Champion Entertainer of the Show - Sponsored by LJ Hooker Katherine, $50 plus Ribbon.
ON-LINE ENTRIES CLOSE ON SUNDAY BEFORE SHOWDAY.
Dog Novelty Event - FREE TO ENTER
Only for those wanting to have fun!
Bring your dog along on Saturday 20th July to have fun on the Novelty Course which kicks off at 2:30pm. No need to nominate. Prize awarded to Fastest Dog, Best Dressed Dog and Most Entertaining Dog.
- The following rules apply in addition to the Regulations.
- The competition is a test of the dog’s jumping ability.
- The competition is open to all dogs of any breed and any sex.
- The dog is to jump over the wall & can touch any part of the jump to get over.
- All dogs not jumping must be on a lead, with a handler, in the marshalling area.
- Only ONE dog may be loose in the marshalling area at any time.
- The owner has the right to select the height, above the minimum height, at which the dog will commence competing.
- It is suggested that a second handler catch the dog on the other side of the jump.
- Each dog is allowed three attempts at the jump until only one dog remains.
- The dog can remain on the lead during the run and jumping. However the dog cannot be assisted by the handler by pushing or pulling the lead.
- The run up and landing area is to be flat, with hay used as the landing, or option of onto the back of a trayback vehicle.
- Any misuse or mishandling of the dog will incur immediate disqualification.
- The dog can be encouraged over the jump by a handler on the other side of the jump either vocally or visually (adds to entertainment).
- If more than one dog has jumped the final height, a count back on refusal will be done to find the final winner. If all are equal, the prize is to be shared and each dog declared winners.
- The Novice & Open Sections will be conducted concurrently. Dogs may only enter in one category.
- Winner of the novice is also eligible as Overall Champion of the Katherine Show Dog Jumping Championships.