Posted Jan 31, 2020, 9:33 AM
Are you currently working in events and seeking a change in your career? Perhaps you can try something different within Katherine community.
The Katherine and District Show Society is seeking a full-time Show Officer.
The Katherine Show & Rodeo is a major annual event, which occurs the third week in July, aimed at the community as a whole. The Katherine and District Show Society is a not for profit organisation and has a committee of 13 local people who meet the third Monday of each month.
The main duties/responsibilities are:
• Planning, organising, managing and coordinating the annual Show & Rodeo under the direction of the KDSS committee.
• Planning, organising, managing and coordinating our annual fundraising and Thank You events under the direction of the KDSS committee.
• Coordinate, liaise and build strong relationships with key stakeholders such a site holders/exhibitor, sponsors, schools, media organisations, suppliers, advertisers, volunteers. VIPs, Judges, contractors, Katherine Town Council and other Government Agencies.
• Supervision of casual staff and volunteer teams before during and after the annual Show & Rodeo.
• Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems before during and after the annual Show & Rodeo.
• Conduct post – Show & Rodeo evaluations and report on outcomes.
• Generate new sponsorships and donations.
• Manage Social Media Platforms, Website, CRM system and other IT networks.
• Creating new promotional and marketing ideas.
• Research, complete and submit relevant grants. If successful grants must also be acquitted.
• Sourcing, contracting and providing relevant documentation for entertainment, exhibitors and contractors.
• Production of the annual Show & Rodeo documents, promotional publications and high-level correspondence.
• Taking and transcribing minutes of meetings. Preparing material for meetings: notices, resolutions, agenda, and related reports.
• Understand and maintain confidentiality in relation to Show Society activities and business.
• Provide day to day administration.
• Any other duties as requested by the KDSS committee.
Essential Criteria include:
• Must be Australian citizen and permanent resident.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Interpersonal skills of a high order and high level written and oral communication skills.
• Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Excellent organisational, time management and self-management skills.
• Proficient at using MS Office and specialized software such as Photoshop.
• Proven experience in supervising and supporting staff and/or volunteers.
• Ability to work independently and proactively but also as part of a team.
• Good understanding of WHS systems.
• Flexibility to work occasional evenings and or weekends.
• Current NT driver’s license and access to a vehicle. • Current Working with Children clearance or able to obtain. • Current RSA Certificate NT or able to obtain.
Desirable requirements include: • Tertiary qualifications in marketing, public relations, hospitality management or business administration or some experience in a similar role.
General Information: This position is subject to an annual performance review. This review will be tied to salary progression.
To be considered for this role please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) your current CV and a cover letter addressing each of the above criteria. Applications for this role will close at 5:00pm on Friday 14th February 2020.